Sunday, January 17, 2010

Holiday Surprises

This year for Christmas Sean and I had planned on spending the holidays at home with McKay. Then at the last minute (like the Monday before Christmas) we were having lunch in Idaho Falls when Sean brought up the idea of going to California to see his family for Christmas. I was hesitant at first, because I wasn't sure how McKay would do on the long drive at only 5 weeks old, but I also knew we wouldn't have a two week break until the summer to visit family. So we hurried home, quickly packed our bags, and drove to San Luis. We decided that we wouldn't tell anyone that we were coming so we could surprise them. It turned out to be a great decision. McKay is a great traveler and we had such a great time surprising Sean's uncle, mom, and sister. We also loved getting to meet Milla, Tani's baby. Here are some of my favorite pictures from our trip...

Sean meeting Milla

Tani meeting McKay


Me and Sean at his great-grandma's house

McKay meeting his great-great-grandma Berle

Grandma Kim with Milla and McKay

Babies on Christmas morning. Milla is 3 weeks older than McKay


Sean's uncle (Big Guy) with McKay

Our family and Santa

Me and Jamie with McKay and Connor wearing matching outfits

1 comment:

Devanie said...

I LOVE seeing all the babies! How fun to have so many cousins for Mckay! I totally agree with the Christmas onezies- wear it until he grows out of it! Shoot- I just took my Christmas tree down yesterday... seriously. Well- I think it's just because I was lazy and we got a really prickly tree that scratched the h. out of my hands when I was putting the ornaments on!