Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our newest hobby

Let me begin by saying that Sean and I are not photographers, nor do we think we are. This is just something that we're having fun with. Okay, now I can tell about these pictures. Sean and I decided to get a "nice" camera after having McKay. We wanted a camera that would take great, sharp pictures and ones that wouldn't be all blurry whenever he moved around. So we got a Nikon and it's awesome.

Anyways so on this website that Sean likes, called Gizmodo, they have a weekly photo challenge. Usually about 200 people or so enter each week and they choose 8-10 pictures to feature. Sean's entered it twice and both times his picture has been highlighted. To see the actual site where they have the winners click here.

So here are his pictures that he entered:

This one was a "free-for-all" challenge where you could do whatever. He put a tube over the lens and then aimed the camera at a blue Gatorade bottle. Pretty cool.

Next was a self portrait. He set up the camera the night before and used a remote to take the pictures first thing.

This weeks challenge is the theme of oil on water (inspired by BP) so this one is actually my entry - not Sean's. I doubt I'll be featured, but that's okay. I think it's pretty.

Lastly, I HAVE to post a picture of my amazing cute baby. McKay has discovered that he can get his foot into his mouth. Don't you just love it when babies do this? I do. Especially when McKay does it.

1 comment:

na said...

Whoa - Sean is famous, I always read Gizmodo and when I feel like I have time go through the pics. Good work.