Saturday, July 10, 2010

Family Reunion (part 1 - Arizona)

Over the 4th of July weekend I took McKay on his first plane ride (which he did AWESOME on!). He and I traveled to Arizona where he met his great-grandparents, Ben and Jayne, as well as my aunt, uncle, and cousin. It was a little family reunion on my mom's side. My parents, Becca, and Lilly met us there. We planned this trip back in March and at the time the idea of going to Phoenix in July sounded great, but after we got there and spent a day in the 108 degree weather we wondered what we were thinking. Anyways we had a really good time together and we were all really glad that we got to go and be together (it ended up being good timing since my grandpa actually had a minor heart attack the day after we left - he's still in the hospital but is expected to be released in a couple of days). Next up, Ohio for 2 weeks! I love our summer travels!


Ben and Jayne with McKay and Lillia

(Becca being a dork!) Ben, Jayne, McKay and me

my mom holding the babies - McKay's trying to steal Lilly's pacifier!

Soooo stinkin' hot!

Papa with his babies before swimming

me, Mom, Becca
McKay, Andrea, Ben, Jayne, Kyra, and Lilly


1 comment:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

I love the picture of your dad and the babies! That is so cute. Perfect that they were both smiling. Daryn and I are going to visit my dad in charleston in a couple weeks, which also sounded really great when it was still cold here but now I'm not so sure :)