Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lately

Here's what we've been up to lately and why I haven't been better at posting about my spring break:
Sean has been learning how to use a program called Sketchup where you can design buildings and homes. He has this crazy idea where he wants to build a home out of shipping containers. I've been pretty skeptical, but the homes he's shown me are really beautiful looking. Since Betsy is currently building a home using Sketchup, she even sent Sean a book to help him with his current project.


I've been busy reading. My mom suggested this book to me awhile ago and it took a couple months until I finally got this book from the library. I kinda loved it and even pre-ordered the sequel. It's a YA book and has a hint of the Hunger Games feel to it. I even read it in four days, which is a big deal for someone who isn't the fastest reader (I'm actually pretty slow).


Finally, last night I got a couple of mini pizzas for dinner and decided to have McKay help me make them. It did not go well, though. We were busy putting on all the toppings when McKay decided he would rather just eat all the cheese. I couldn't get him to stop, AND of course we didn't have much cheese so one of the pizzas was basically just crust, sauce, and pepperoni.

Here's McKay as I'm telling him to stop eating the cheese. What a stinker!


And here's McKay when I take the pizzas away so he can't eat any more cheese. I love my dramatic boy!


2 comments:

Ellyn said...

love the photos. and by the way, rachel, your hair looks really good today.

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

I love that you're taking pictures of the play-by-play of McKay's pizza drama :) I'm currently reading Divergent. I got it in January and I'm about half way through. Its not that I don't like it I just don't have time to read it and when I do I'm too tired and fall asleep. But you do say its worth finishing right? I'll persevere.