Friday, October 19, 2012

When you're a monkey...

Monkey is one of McKay's many nicknames mostly because he's constantly jumping and climbing. Oh, and falling. That happens around 100 times a day. That's why when he was playing in the leaves at the park last weekend I didn't even think twice when he fell. I just sat there and thought, "Oh, he's fine!" Luckily for us, Sean was there and saw McKay fall, because he knew right away that McKay had broken his arm. I didn't believe him, picked up McKay, gave kisses, and told him to go play some more. 

After 45 minutes our normally tough little man was still weepy over his arm and I started to believe Sean that something was wrong. We took McKay to Urgent Care, thinking they'd send us on to the hospital is anything was really wrong. It turned out that Urgent Care has their own x-ray room and we were able to get them done and have results in around 10 minutes. McKay has a buckle fracture just above his wrist and will be wearing a splint for the next few weeks.

Thankfully he was only in pain for a day or so and we've found that this splint hasn't slowed him down one bit.

The night of the accident. McKay was spoiled with Jamba Juice and Power Rangers.

Three days later finding out that he doesn't need a cast after all and can just keep using the splint. Awesome news, especially for bath time!!

2 comments:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Ohhh McKay! I'm sorry. I'm the same way though, whenever the boys fall I just roll my eyes. My mother in law panics every single time they even bump into something.

Ellyn said...

no more monkeys jumping on the bed.
just sayin'