Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter Weekend

Last weekend was Easter and it was a bittersweet one for my family. It was wonderful to see everyone - especially since we hadn't planned on it - but it was sad to say goodbye to my grandma. Her funeral was as upbeat as any funeral can be, I suppose. It was mostly family, and we knew the last thing my grandma would've wanted was her family, all together, crying for her. Instead we celebrated her life in memories, which was very sweet.


Sean was awesome to take care of the kids during the services. This is at the lunch afterwards - the kids thought he was the best jungle gym ever! What a good sport!

Sweet Lilly!

My dad with Chad's kids...

...and then with mine and Becca's.


Okay, so this was the funniest part of the weekend! Sean had Becca's phone during the funeral (because Lilly was playing a game on it) and he decided to pull an early April Fool's prank on her. Normally I think pranks are mean, but this one was too funny! He changed his contact info in her phone to say "Cat Facts" and then deleted all their prior texts. Then starting the next day he would text her with some crazy cat fact every hour on the hour, like it was from some crazy cat fan page. He only did it for a day and 1/2 but it drove her nuts!!!! I took this picture of her about 30 mins before she finally decided to call the number and realized it was actually Sean. She was pretty pissed, but I think once she gets over the annoyance of it, she'll think it was funny. At least the rest of us did! 

Mine and McKay's first time dying eggs. I'm guessing this was Becca's first time too  ??

Lucky boy got to hunt for eggs twice on Easter! First at Taylor and Logan's (where we stayed)...

...and then at my uncle's house where the rest of my family stayed. 

The kiddos showing off their eggs! Here are Becca's kids, as well as two of my cousin's kids. They all had a lot of fun together.


With grandpa after Easter dinner.

I love my family! 

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

wonderful photos. i loved them all. don't i always...