Our first month with Max was kind of a blur to me. It was almost a solid month of visits from family, which I'm so thankful for. McKay had a hard time dealing with the baby taking our attention from him, so having family to entertain him and give him extra love really helped his adjustment. I'm really glad I took so many pictures or else I might have forgotten some of the fun stuff we all got to do.
 |
| My parents were here for the first couple of weeks. McKay instantly had a special bond with my dad and I hope Max will too! |
 |
| McKay was so glad Bubbe was here to make sure he got to have fun every day. He got some one-on-one time with her by going to see a movie and going to the library for story time. I loved that the house was clean, trash was taken out, and the laundry was all magically done. We really missed my mom when she left! |
 |
| Even though McKay kind of had a hard time, he always LOVED Baby Max. His favorite thing to do is to hold the baby. In fact, now at 6 weeks, Max gave his very first smile to McKay. I hope they'll be great friends! |
 |
| Our next visitors were Sean's dad and Betsy. They were also so helpful with entertaining McKay. They took him to the zoo and to the flight museum to see all these awesome, old planes. Talk about little boy heaven! |
 |
| Aunt Pam came up for a day while she was with her kids in Utah. She is too good to us and spoiled us with an awesome dinner out (she made sure I got to pick where!!) and wore out McKay by taking him swimming. She also held Max whenever possible! |
 |
| Sean's mom was here for a week and it was so wonderful with her here! Max went through a really gassy phase and it was super stressful at first and I'm so thankful she was here to help us deal with that! She also cooked us some of the best meals and made sure I was able to get some much needed rest. |
 |
| While Kim, Taylor, and Logan were here Sean made the brave decision to cut off all his hair. He's had long hair for over a year so it was a huge change. I was the one to cut and shave it and even though I'm smiling in the picture, it was pretty scary!! |
 |
| It turned out GREAT and he looks so good! |
 |
| We went to Rigby Lake with Kim, Taylor, and Logan and I'm so glad we did. We almost didn't because it was pretty windy and not super warm that day, but it turned into the perfect lake day. |
 |
| Now my company is all gone (but Becca's coming in 3 weeks!!!) and I'm trying to figure out life with two kids. I have moments when it's great and I feel like I've totally got this - and then moments when things are super overwhelming and I feel like a terrible mother. Hopefully the latter will fade as time goes on and we'll grow into a good routine. It is hard to remember life without Max, and I'm so glad to be a family of four! |
2 comments:
great blog! all mothers are not quite so sure they know what they're doing some of the time.
loved all of the photos and I miss you all too.
congratulations Rachel. Max is gorgeous. Its true...you guys make good lookin babes. Enjoy your new little bundle.
Post a Comment