Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Duane Elwyn

I feel like it was yesterday that I wrote the post about my grandma's passing. Although there is great joy that they are reunited, I'm sad to have to write a similar post so quickly after. 

My grandpa passed away two weeks ago, on August 12, just 4 1/2 months after my grandma. We were on vacation in California, but we had visited him only three days before. I am so thankful for that hour I spent with him. I introduced him to Max and then just sat by him, holding his hand. He looked very sick, and I knew he didn't have much time left. My grandpa tried to hold Max's squirmy hand, and Max gave my grandpa some of the biggest smiles I'd seen out of him. 

I had a special bond with my grandpa and even though I know he is so much happier now, living with my grandma and free of all his ailments, I'll miss him very much. 

Grandma & Grandpa

I was always his favorite (I think all the grandkids thought we were the favorite!).

My dad and Grandpa

My Grandpa baptized me when I was 8 years old. I remember being nervous  that my feet would float up so he stepped on them.

Our family at the funeral. It was really nice to see them again, but I'd rather not have these unplanned family reunions anytime soon.

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

loved all the photos. I showed it to my friends at work. love you.