Saturday, August 9, 2008

Great Getaway



This past week Sean and I were able to go to Yellowstone and stay in a beautiful cabin! A friend that I teach with owns a cabin in Island Park, which is just 10 miles from West Yellowstone. She was so nice to let Sean and I stay there for two nights while we enjoyed the area. It was very relaxing and beautiful there, and they had tons of fun stuff for us to do: pool table, dock by the lake, and LOTS of old movies for us to watch. 
On Thursday we drove to Yellowstone National Park. We've been there about six times now since we've been married and I think five out of those six times we've really just gone to the Old Faithful part (it's a huge park!). So this time we headed to the north end of the park so see the sites there and get away from the crowd. We ended up pulling off on some random drive and went for a hike. We only saw four other people on the hike so it was nice to kind of be by ourselves. It was so beautiful and we even got a see a buffalo on the way.
Our friends, Alisa and Trent Christensen and their little baby Lucy, came up to spend some time there as well. We always have a fun time with them. It was sad to come home, because that trip pretty much marked the end of the summer for us. School starts on Aug. 20th, which is just a week and a half away. So that means starting this Monday we'll be back in our classrooms getting ready for the students. At least this last trip was a great one.

Sean and I on our hike

Beautiful view of the park



Alisa, Lucy, Trent, me & Sean at the cabin


Holding baby Lucy






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute blog! Your pictures are great.

The Davies said...

Hey Rachel! I am excited to see that you have a blog! So fun! Looks like you had a great time at Yellowstone. It makes me miss Idaho! Too bad school starts so soon! I took this year off, we may be moving to Germany in December! How cool is that!
Keep in touch!

~Amanda~ said...

LOVE the new blog look!
What a fun getaway!
Good luck with school tomorrow!!!