Probably the best part of being a teacher in South Eastern Idaho (besides have all summer off!) is the week and 1/2 long break we get in the beginning of October so the farmers can harvest their potatoes. A lot of the teachers here use this time to work for the farmers and make extra money - not us though! Sean and I always take a trip during our break (because we deserve it!). This year we drove down to Salt Lake City, where my parents flew into from Columbus. We spent a day there visiting my grandparents who just moved there from Iowa (as well as my great-grandmother who's 105 years old!!!) and then the four of us drove down to Las Vegas. While we were there we shopped, ate, watched the presidential debate (but didn't talk politics with my normally Republican father) won 240 pennies at the penny slots, ate some more, visited Hoover Dam, and went to see the Cirque du Soleil show LOVE (absolutely amazing!!!). All in all, it was a successful Vegas trip. As always I was sad to say goodbye to my parents but they will be back next month (with my brother Brian!) for Thanksgiving.
Rachel-looks like fun. I think we passed you on the freeway coming home on friday. Bridgers all, hey mom, it's mrs.edwards! hope you enjoyed the warmth of vegas, because it is butt cold here.
How did I not know you had a blog?? I'm so excited now. I think about that hip hop class every week, but I always have a reason to be in rexburg on a different day so I don't want to make two trips. I know what you're thinking, if I'm in Rexburg all the time why don't I call. I'm sorry :( I just get business done and get home. I'll try to come soon! Miss you.
3 comments:
Rachel-looks like fun. I think we passed you on the freeway coming home on friday. Bridgers all, hey mom, it's mrs.edwards! hope you enjoyed the warmth of vegas, because it is butt cold here.
wow, how fun! What a great way to spend spud harvest :)
How did I not know you had a blog?? I'm so excited now. I think about that hip hop class every week, but I always have a reason to be in rexburg on a different day so I don't want to make two trips. I know what you're thinking, if I'm in Rexburg all the time why don't I call. I'm sorry :( I just get business done and get home. I'll try to come soon! Miss you.
Post a Comment