Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lost and Found


I'm pretty proud to say that I've never lost my keys, phone, purse, or wallet. That is - until today. When we got home from church today Sean needed to run up to his school to grab a folder. So I got my purse and jumped in our (NEW!) car. We had driven a block when I went to get some lip balm and I noticed my wallet wasn't there. We turned the car around, thinking it was just in the house. After searching for a couple minutes I realized it was gone. Needless to say by this point I was beginning to freak out and was doing some kind of mixture of praying and swearing at myself. I retraced my steps from the night before and the last place I remembered having it out was at Circuit City in Idaho Falls. We called and LUCKILY it was there. Whew! But then I was still freaking out because I had about $100 (our weekly budget) in my wallet and I was trying to prepare myself for it not being there. We drove down to IF and picked it up from the store and I was so amazed to see that EVERYTHING was there. It made me very thankful that we live in a place where a lot of people believe that stealing is wrong. As much as I complain about living here, today I need to keep my mouth shut!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, I'm glad that you were able to get your wallet back unscathed. It's true, there are perks to living in our bubble :)

Tara said...

whew! I hate that feeling when you "misplace" something REALLY important. It makes me sick just thinking about it. Glad your story had a happy ending!

Patty said...

Is that a COACH? La-hove it. Love it love it love it.