As per tradition, we made a cake for McKay's birthday in the hopes that he would smash and destroy it. That's what kids do, right? I remember when I worked at Damon's (a restaurant) parents would bring in their little ones on their birthdays and they'd make a huge mess! It was such a headache to clean up. Anyways, we made a cake for McKay and excitedly placed it in front of him, after singing to him. We stared at him, he stared at the cake. This kid didn't know what he was supposed to do. Really, can you blame him? He's never had a whole plate of food put in front of him. He does eat finger food, but the cake didn't look anything like it. So we poked at the cake in hopes that he'd get the idea. Turns out McKay doesn't like to get messy. Once we gave him a spoon and he didn't have to put his hand in the cake he was totally fine. Who would have guessed that I'd have a kid who's a clean freak?
Daddy tried to speed up the process. McKay wasn't happy about it.
Ahh a spoon! So much better!
After a bath McKay really starts to enjoy some of his new toys while Nana watches.
3 comments:
lol. So did he end up eating any of it? Was it good? I'm craving cake now...
I love Damons, by the way :) Mostly because of the trivia.
He only ate a little bit. What a waste. It was delicious and if you get your belly here I'll make sure we have cake for you to eat.
The third picture down is a "classic"......should be worth every drop of that cake.
Post a Comment