Tuesday, November 23, 2010

SNOW DAY!

As you may know, teaching is a really hard job. There's SO much prep work, grading, pay cuts, and we do a lot more then just read out of a book (Brian!) but, there are some great perks as well. We get every holiday off, never have to work weekends, and of course, we get a couple months off each summer. However, the BEST part of being a teacher is the beloved snow day. Remember when you were a kid and your mom would come wake you up just to tell you that you could go back to sleep because there was a snow day? I also remember sitting on the couch with my mom while we watched the news and then celebrated a day off. Well, it's even more awesome when you're a teacher.
This week though, was the best! We already only had a two-day week because of Thanksgiving break, but then Mother Nature dumped a blizzard on South Eastern Idaho so Monday and Tuesday turned out to be a snow day! Sean and I have a tradition when we get a snow day. We always start by getting McDonald's for breakfast. Then we usually stay in and watch movies the rest of the day. So we got our McD's and were planning on our movie watching day. I decided to surprise Sean and made plans to take McKay to the sitter so Sean and I could go see the new Harry Potter movie. It was so awesome. It was also really nice to have a date with Sean. I can count on one hand the times that we've gone out without McKay this past year.
Here are some pictures of McKay experimenting with some snow. Sean put some in a bowl and let McKay play. Dads are so much fun!

Hey Dad, this stuff is cool!

making it snow

Okay, my hands are cold. I'm all done.

1 comment:

Fern said...

Hey! Tyler and I went to see Harry Potter on Monday too! Then today we had 'snow day' and Tyler got to stay home from work. Freaky.