Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Hot Chocolate Kind of Day

The first real snow of the season is always a big deal. My first graders go nuts when they see it falling. They always jump the gun and rush out to try to make snowmen and have snowball fights (even though it's against the rules). Well this year Mother Nature outdid herself. Instead of the usual flurries or light dusting that is the "first snow" we had a true snow storm yesterday. It snowed about 4 inches total! It was crazy because just last weekend it was in the 60s and then a day later...BAM...4 inches of snow.

Needless to say, no one was prepared for this. I had to borrow a broom from our school custodian to remove the snow from car so I could drive home. In just the short drive I saw two accidents. ANYWAYS so when I got home I changed into this gem of an outfit...that's right, I have footed pjs and they are awesome. I then enjoyed a night of hot chocolate, chicken noodle soup, and not leaving my house to do anything.

You can be jealous

We gave McKay some chicken noodle soup. This is how he reacts to anything that has salt in it. I love the face!

Guess who's turning 1 in a few days?!? I just got this for McKay's birthday. How much do you want to bet he's still going to want our remote? It looks like fun though.

2 comments:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

lol, what a great gift. Jade never had an attraction to remotes, but the other day she did start crying and told me "someone stole my iphone!" And no, she doesn't have an iphone. Happy bday Mckay! And Rach, you look super sexy in your footy jammies.

Sean and Rachel said...

haha! Poor Jade, don't worry Whitty I didn't think Jade actually had her own iphone. Although, McKay does seem to think he owns my phone. I bet you wish they made footed pjs for preggy people.