Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Are you kidding me?

We're flying to Ohio for Christmas break tomorrow. That means I'm in my crazy frenzy of cleaning, packing and running errands. Basically, I'm a nut. So last night I was doing a load of McKay's clothes and I went to switch them to the dryer. I opened the washing machine and noticed there was all this brown paper all stuck to the clothes. If this was mine and Sean's laundry I would have just figured that there was a napkin or tissue left in our pockets (you know you've done that before), but Little Boy doesn't have any pockets on his baby clothes. So it was a puzzle.

I kept on pulling out each piece of clothing and it's covered in this stuff. I took some of the brown paper to Sean for his analysis and he said it looked like it was cardboard. Okay, weird. As I'm taking out more of the clothes I notice there's also tons of dryer sheets in the mix. I was so confused. First of all, I know that dryer sheets don't go into the washer and second, I don't even use dryer sheets with McKay's clothes.

Then it hits me - the whole box of dryer sheets must have fallen into the wash. Gross. Well it's the end of the day, I'm stressed out because of everything I have to get done, and this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. I kinda lose it. I almost started crying even.

Then steps in my hero and Sean came to my rescue. He took over from there by taking all of the clothes into the bathroom and rinsing them out for me. Thanks Sean.

Now I need to go buy more dryer sheets!

No comments: