Let me just say that I have a slight addiction to Pinterest. You've gotta check it out. If you're not a member with Pinterest, just send me your email address and I'll get you an invite. Yeah, it's pretty elite! Anyways there are a ton of DIY projects that I've been dying to try! Today I went to the DI and picked up lots of frames, glass jars, fabric, and an embroidery hoop. Sean wasn't too excited when I walked in the door with two huge bags full of junk. I'm hoping to turn some of this junk into cute home decor.
I decided to start really simple. Here was my inspiration (the fabric inside embroidery hoops). Cute huh??

And here is my first attempt. I think it's pretty cute ~ especially for a boy's room. I'll probably just make one more since I'm going to put some pictures insides frames to go along with it.
BTW - The fabric was an old pillow case. The whole thing cost $1.50.

Sean's sister, Taylor, graduated today and we are so proud of her accomplishment. She has worked really hard and deserves a huge celebration....so that's what we've been doing for the past few days. Here's a picture I took from her blog of McKay, Sean's Mom, and Taylor at Rigby Lake. To see more fun pictures check out her blog HERE.

No comments:
Post a Comment