Saturday, June 16, 2012

Are you P.T?

Remember that joke from middle school? The one where you'd say no and then the mean bully girl would say, "you're not potty trained?!" so then you'd say yes and she'd say, "you're a pregnant teenager?!" You could never win with that one.

Anyways, yesterday was Potty Training Day. I was dreading it for some time now since I've heard how hard and messy it is (and it really is!). Thankfully, I found some really great ideas from Pinterest and followed THIS ONE and it turned out to be a pretty successful day! 

Pumping McKay full of liquids

I just love his little bum in undies! 

We hung out in the kitchen most of the day (and away from the carpet) so we could be close to the potty.

His prize for being such a big boy? My Little Pony...the perfect gift for a big boy! 

The pony's long hair is the perfect thing to swing her from.
Today we're doing more of less the same thing, but Sean and I are taking hour shifts this time. McKay does fine when the potty is nice and close, but how do you transition to being able to go out and not having to run to the potty every 10 minutes? Ideas appreciated  :o)

2 comments:

megan&steve said...

Great work with potty training! I just have the kids use our toilet before we leave the house, and make sure there is one where we are going. Limit the liquids when out and about?!

Krysta said...

Great work Rachel! Thank you for sharing your link with me. Your son is very cute and I am so happy for both of you! It is definitely a day to be celebrated! Each day will get a little easier and then you will be out running errands like normal. Just bring a change of clothes for him and potty before you leave and ask him while you are out. Make your first outing a pretty short one. It is a HUGE accomplishment!