Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day #2

Day #2 - Tell us about your job.

I feel like I have two full times jobs. My first job is being a first grade teacher. I feel really lucky that I love my job. I know that not everyone can say that. Every day is so different, but with a reliable schedule. It's also great because I get to spend nine months with the same group of kids and then at the end of the year I can send them to second grade and look forward to a new group of students. All day long I can do silly things (like drawing stick people and make up songs to teach vowel pairs) and these kids think I'm the funniest person and great at almost every thing! I am also showered with hugs and love notes almost daily.


That isn't to say that my job is a piece of cake. It's not, it's actually really hard. Can you imagine being in charge of 20 six and seven year olds for six hours every day? They can easily get out of control (especially this time of year when it's getting warm outside), but my job is to quickly get them focused again. I have to be the bad guy plenty of times. For example, I open my classroom store on Fridays and the students are able to use their (fake) money they've earned throughout the week to buy candy, pencils, toys, and other things. My students were way too talkative yesterday so I had to cancel the classroom store. Talk about a mean teacher!

My second full time job is being a mommy to McKay (I think I may have mentioned him once or twice on this blog).


This is definitely the harder of the two jobs! This kid really wears me out, because he is just so busy and gets into everything (he just dumped out my diaper bag - for the third time today!). This is also my favorite of the two jobs. It can be hard and frustrating, but the smiles and loves that I get are the most genuine. Plus he's just so dang cute that even his crying fits are adorable to me.

No comments: