This year for Valentine's Day I decided to get McKay a balloon instead of candy. I could say it's because I'm a good mother and don't want to give my two year old a bunch of sugar, but let's be honest, I wanted the candy all for myself.
That day Sean and I went to the grocery store with McKay to get the balloon. They had a stand set up, since apparently buying balloons for Valentine's Day isn't an original idea. When we walked up to the stand the girl working there looked at McKay and said, "Does he want a balloon with little planes on it?" Sure. Sounded good for me. So I was a little surprised to find they were flames instead. Sean and I both looked at each other and said, "Did you think she said 'planes' too?" I didn't think too much of it since McKay really didn't mind. He just wanted that balloon.
Then I started to think how it must look as we walked through the store with our little boy carrying his "You're Hot" balloon. Just a little bit inappropriate!
P.S. This picture was taken half a second before Kayo ran up and hit it out of my hand.
I do love my little Valentine. In the next picture I told him to make his mean face. My kid has some real modeling / acting potential don't you think?
Just in case anyone was wondering I was showered with love on Valentine's Day. That's definitely a perk of being a 1st grade teacher. I got lots of candy and little cards. One little boy even wrote me a note that said something like "To my love. I love you so so so so so so much." I did give his mom a call and told her how sweet and funny I thought it was. Six year olds love notes never get old!

2 comments:
He is sooo big! miss you guys
I love him so much. The face amazing.
Post a Comment